- 2 sticks of butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Using electric hand mixer cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs and mix together
- Add the vanilla and extracts and mix well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and hand mix with the wet ingredients using spoon.
- Divide into sections (if dough is too sticky add a small amount of flour)
- Put sections on lightly floured plastic wrap and shape into 1 -1 1/2 inch high rectangular logs
- Cut into small slices about 1/4 inch thick
- Pinch the middle to make a bowtie shape
- Using a fork press lines into both triangles of the bowtie.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 6-10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Makes approximately 48 cookies.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.