I’ve spent much of my life eating as a vegetarian. But, that being said, it doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the taste of meat. It is delicious. One of my favorite dishes I only eat at Thanksgiving and this is it; Cornbread sausage stuffing. I sometimes add cranberries depending on my mood. This is a great recipe to tinker with.
Cornbread Sausage Stuffing
- 1 lbs ground sausage
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 large onions
- 5 cups crumbled cornbread
- 5 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1. Preheat the over to 325 degrees F
- 2. Add sausage, celery, and onions into a large deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly brown, Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine sausage mixture with the cornbread, bread crumbs chicken broth, poultry seasoning and sage
- 4. Bake, covered for 45 minutes or until well set and cooked through
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.